Please send us your prayer intentions to participate in the creation of this work.

"The Relic of the Communion of Saints"

1438 S Vaughn Cir

Aurora, CO 80012


Communion of Saints

Communion of Saints

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ora et Labora: Day 3

6/2/10


Another slow day today as far as fabrication goes, but this time it’s because of a few mold mishaps. Sadly they were all because of my negligence to pour off the excess slip in time. As such they aren’t “ruined” they are just obscenely thick and heavy. I won’t toss them because I’d rather have some heavy beads at the deadline than not enough.

I think the biggest problem is that I have been leaving the studio a lot to get things, or go work on something up stairs, or help with grocery shopping etc. I really need to a- be serious about staying in the studio during “work hours” and b- do all of the other “stuff” that I need to do for this project in the studio. With that being said I am going to sit down first thing tomorrow morning and make a more specific “to do” list (such as make a mold for the bigger beads etc.) so while I’m waiting for slip to set up in the molds I will not only have something productive to do but something nearby as well.

Something I was able to get done today though was smoothing out the older beads. When I pull them from the mold I immediately cleaned up the part line but I have intentionally waited until they dried to smooth them out and finish cleaning them up. While I intended on doing this just with a moist sponge I was reminded today that the slip I’m using likes to create a (significantly less enjoyable than candy) shell as the darvan in the recipe comes to the surface and dries. This wasn’t a big problem though as I was able to sand the beads down, which actually made everything go much smoother (pun obviously intended) than I expected. Now I just need to get a new particulate filtering mask so I don’t come down with a wicked case of silicosis as I’m generally opposed to cuts in my lungs, however microscopic they may be.

Still working my way through the Catechism on prayer; today’s reflections on Part4, Section1, Chapter1, Article3 “In the Age of the Church”:

- The first movement of the prayer of petition is asking forgiveness, It is a prerequisite for righteous and pure prayer
- Christian intercession participates in Christ's, as an expression of the communion of saints
- "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you"
- The Eucharist contains and expresses all forms of prayer: it is "the pure offering" of the whole Body of Christ to the glory of God's name and, according to the traditions of East and West, it is the "sacrifice of praise."

Not sure how this one slipped past me, but I really should be attending daily Mass as a, really…integral, part of this process. What better way to participate in the workings of the Communion of Saints than in the most profound manifestation of the union of heaven and earth since the incarnation.

Today I was joined by my daughter in reciting Psalm 3, since she is just 7 months old I did most of the recitation and she joined in with the occasional joyful sound but between the two of us we proclaimed, “But thou, O Lord art my protector, my glory, and the lifter up of my head.”

Tonight, enjoy the graces of the Glorious Mysteries of the rosary.

Today’s prayer intentions:
- For healing of Genevieve’s foot and that her home and her family may be protected from snakes
- For a return to the sacraments for all of those who have fallen away and for all those who are searching that they may find God in His Church
- That there may no longer be any killing in the world
- For the past, present and future intentions and salvation of all those who participate in prayer or proximity to “The Relic of the Communion of Saints”
.

No comments:

Post a Comment