Please send us your prayer intentions to participate in the creation of this work.

"The Relic of the Communion of Saints"

1438 S Vaughn Cir

Aurora, CO 80012


Communion of Saints

Communion of Saints

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ora et Labora: Day 23

Its been a long time since I posted and there are reasons, but honestly, they are more like excuses, so I will forgoe the details and simply give the long anticipated update:

- there has been some continued problems with the mold but thanks to some wise counsel from a friend and tremendously conceptually and technically talented artist (www.laurenmayerstudios.com) I realized the importance that some  starting moisture has in the capillary process. After I realized this, I've had a marked decrease in "mold errors."

- despite these struggles beads have continued to be churned out, albeit slowly, the count is now up to a noble 28.

- I composed and sent out the letter to the Bishop in hopes that he will be able to bless "The Relic of the Communion of Saints" at the opening in late November/early December

- I met with a priest for spiritual direction and was reminded through him that this period of prayer and fasting isn't meant to make a masterpiece, but rather for God to make a masterpiece out of me (and you for that matter.)

- despite my beginning intentions and disposition of being in a state of prayer and fasting during this time of creation, I am now realizing that frankly I wasn't serious enough about this endeavour. Not just in how the piece will take shape, but in what way my Father will form me.

- my wife and daughter have been out of town for the past couple of weeks and the importance of other members of the Communion of Saints as inspiration and help in the path to holiness has been brought painfully into view as I've struggled here at home without them.

- speaking of which, they took the camera so I am without a way to post exciting new pictures of a big pile o' beads, and recent prayer intentions I've recieved, but to entice you to come back they include contributions from a priest and an artist.

That's all for now, I'll be more vigilant about posting again and please continue to pray and contribute to this work, as it turns out, it must be at least somewhat important since there's been quite a bit of resistance both internally and externally to its creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment